Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Afraid of Hieghts?

This one is not for you!

One of the world's largest natural wonders will soon be home to an engineering marvel.
In late March, the Hualapai Nation plans to open the $30 million Skywalk, a glass-bottomed bridge that will jut 70 feet over the Grand Canyon's edge.

Skywalk, located at Grand Canyon West, will allow visitors to peer 4,000 feet straight down through the floor to the canyon's bottom.

"This will feed our tribe," said Robert Bravo, a member of the Hualapai tribe and part of Grand Canyon West. "This will support our children."


The question that begs to be asked here is.... Will it support the 250,000 visitors to Grand Canyon West each year that will be walking on it?

2 comments:

Chimera said...

I don't know. And I don't really want to know, either -- not from personal experience, anyway.

Gaaaahh...makes me nauseous just thinking about it!

Tim said...

Kind of my sentiments as well. I almost did the Toronto CN tower thing but then thought, hell I can't even look out the window At the top of the CN tower in Edmonton without feelin woosey and it is only 27 stories! Went and had a drink instead....