Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Going to the dogs

Dog saves woman from watery death
News like that always brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eyes. Then I came across this one. Now I am no fan of Martha by any means but I truly felt her pain as I read about her Chow's passing.

Yet, sometimes I wonder about my feelings. When you look at the following picture, what is your first response? Be honest...



Mine was... sadness.... for the dog. My thoughts were... "what a faithful dog, poor thing". I barely gave a thought about the poor soul under the tarp. Does that make me a "bad person"? What does that say about my feelings for the human race? No wonder I am single...

If you want proof that dogs are mans best friend, do this simple test.

Lock your dog and your best "human" friend in the trunk of your car for an hour.

When you let them out, which one is truly happy to see you?

I'll bet a $1000.00 that it will be your dog.

Enough said.

Back to watching Animal Planet with my best friend.

HT FARK

5 comments:

Louise said...

What??!! You don't like Martha?? That's not a good thing. LOL!!

Tim said...

No... That's a good thing... :p
But you failed to answer any of my questions Louise. Why is that?

Louise said...

Sorry. I'll come back after work and do the deed.

Louise said...

When you look at the following picture, what is your first response?
=============================
Funny looking tarp. Looks more like paper. Not too sure what it was, but I recognized the dog, no problem.

Does that make me a "bad person"?
=============================
No. If a dog is a man's best friend, why can't a man be a dog's best friend.

What does that say about my feelings for the human race?
============================
Dogs make better friends than people, so why worry about it. They are loyal, like you say.

When you let them out, which one is truly happy to see you?
===========================
Exactly. And a lot of humans don't even have to be locked in the trunk to be grumpy SOBS. They should be locked in the trunk, but that's another story.

Tim said...

Thanks for playing along Louise...
You are correct. It is a funny looking "tarp".

"No. If a dog is a man's best friend, why can't a man be a dog's best friend."
Great point! I never thought of it that way.

"Dogs make better friends than people, so why worry about it."
Truer words were never spoken. I guess I was a bit concerned for myself when I realized how I had reacted. I felt like my soul was invaded by Paul Watson there for a bit! I have gathered my senses since, and am no longer worrying about it.

Waiting for "another story".

Thanks once again.