Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NO EXCUSE!

Storm blamed for demise of 500 ducks in Alberta Which is the biggest pile of crap of an excuse Syncrude could come up with. To say I am dismayed and disgusted is an understatement. I truly hope that Syncrude gets nailed to the cross for this. There simply is no excuse for this to happen. May I suggest a 1 million dollar fine and a 1 million dollar donation to Ducks Unlimited.

"Good for my land. Good for my business."

The gall of Syncrude not to report this immediately is quite disturbing. If this is their idea of "responsible and sustainable" I may have to re think my support for the development of Alberta's oil sands. I am not impressed. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE!

4 comments:

Gayle said...

GRRR! I just posted a positive post regarding the link you left me about the Alberta Oil Sands, Tim, then I come here and find this. It's outrageous and they truly do need to clean up their act! If the lake was covered in oil, how can they possibly blame it on a storm?

ABFreedom said...

Uh..... all I hear is that a few ducks died. No more then what happens in a wind farm everyday, or one day of duck hunting season. I want them to PROVE that there were 500 ducks... or 250 ... or even 100.... Ducks don't sink... not even in oil. The footage of the oil spill in Alaska proved that. Their quills are hollow to act as air sacks so they'll float. This is an overblown story put out by a bunch of enviro groups to spew out bad press about Syncrude, and until they can show proof believe it.

Tim said...

AB...
500 ducks, if it truly is that high, is a drop in the bucket, I will agree. That is not the point here. The point is it should not have happened period! The fact that Syncrude failed to report this incident immediately also shows a lack of judgment on their part. It simply looks bad and does not help the "image" of our oilsands projects. An image that is already being beaten to a pulp around the world. This will just reinforce that image by those who already have a beef with it. Syncrude blaming the weather is a farce. The cannons should have been up and running long before that storm hit. The Annual migration was well under way weeks prior as it does every year. They are not helping themselves, so why should I?

Tim said...

Gayle...
I will go and have a look at your post. This one just blew me away though. There truly is no excuse for this to happen...