Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Must be the name?

Ralph Klein our lusterless King refuses to give up his throne even though he is plum out of idea's for the province of Alberta and has lost his edge.

Ralph Goodale refuses to step down as finance minister as he...well... is a liberal, and as such is entitled to his possition no matter what is the right thing to do under the circumstances.

"It's very clear from the comments of the RCMP that they have no information, no evidence, no indication of any wrongdoing on my part and no direct allegation against me personally," Goodale told reporters Wednesday at his constituency office in Regina.

"I'm very anxious to make sure that my reputation for integrity is absolutely vindicated, because that is a very crucial part of who I am and what I stand for -- that's been my modus operandi for over 30 years."


Integrity would suggest doing the right thing as many have done before you Ralph. Step aside while the investigation is ongoing and if it is found that you had nothing to do with this you are more than welcome to resume that possition. That is if the liberals should continue to be the ones holding the purse strings come January 23rd.

Strange that this is all about "income trust funds". Do you "trust your income" in the hands of the liberals? Waste lots, want lots....

I know I don't. I will be voting for John Williams Member of Parliament for Edmonton-St. Albert

9 comments:

Candace said...

Check out the comments at "CommentsPlease" on Kinsella's 12/28 post. Perhaps Ralph G is drawing a line in the sand? Could be interesting to watch...

Tim said...

Interesting is not the word for it... thanks for the heads up....

DazzlinDino said...

Stepping down would be admitting guilt. What I don't get, is unless it was actually Gooddale himeself who did the dirty deed, then why wouldn't he want it investigated immediatly? Something smells fishy.....again...

Tim said...

Sorry that might be the perch I left in the back of your van Dino...you might want to check that out....

Time and time again throughout history in both federal and provicial poly-ticks, when an investigation is underway the minister involved has nearly always stepped down during the investigation. There is no shame in doing so.... might I say it is the expected thing to do in these cases. Funny that Goodale and Martin would leave tradition behind this time. Oh wait... they don't believe in tradition do they?......

Candace said...

did you guys catch CTV tonight? Yikes

Tim said...

Just a wee bit damning don't ya think... sure took these folks long enough to come forward with their stories... but I for one am glad they did.... the liberals BB gun is turning into a shot gun and their feet must be getting awfully sore...so many holes...so many many holes.....

Don said...

Back in the day, when these departments were markedly smaller, the Ministers usually took full responsibility for misdeeds in their respective departments. Modern government has changed this. Consider 1989 when Doug Small released Mike Wilson's budget via a printing employee who aided and abeeted him. Wilson simply confirmed Small's information (markets were closed) and drove on. A couple or three decades earlier such an incident would have forced his resignation. There was also the newsman that took a picture of a page, camera peeking over the minister's shoulder, of Marc Lalonde's 1980 budjet.
I guess government is dynamic, and it and its tradition has evoled.
However, should Goodale be found directly culpable in this incident, I'd look for a revision to the mean.

Don said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim said...

No I am not moderating comments on my site.. the comment I removed was a double post of Don's comment.