Wednesday, October 18, 2006

3 strikes law has first victim!

The conservatives have not even brought the new so called "3 strikes" law into the house yet and it has its first victim. Garth Turner has struck out. The new law with its reverse onus has found Garth Guilty until proven innocent. I may point out that some folks have also found the conservatives guilty until proven innocent as well on this issue. I personally don't like any of this. I will reserve judgment on both sides until I find out a bit more info on this matter. Garth may be a bit of a rebble but I do believe he has his constituence best interests at heart. If we could only say the same about all of the MP's of all stripes.

Good luck no matter what you descide Mr. Turner. Blog On dude!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go check out the clips under the Turner story at CTV.ca, the reason that Jaffir gave the media wasn't even the reason they told him at the caucus meeting.....it's all pretty wierd....

Tim said...

I am sure that somewhere in the middle we will find the truth. I have been browsing around the net gathering info to make a "informed" judgement on this one. I know my first reaction was outrage same as you. I had time to sit back and ponder while working and descided to find out more before passing my judgement. I continue to look at all info I can find. I think there will be more to this than anyone at first glance expects. Speculations is mostly all I can find. Not much hard facts....

Anonymous said...

You won't find a firm reason.
Did you see the Cons running away from the press on the Hill today?
They don't even know why he was booted, let alone be brave enough to posit or have a free opinion.
They sent out Jaffir FCOL, how desperate is that?
It's a smokescreen folks. Something Harper tossed out to occupy the mind while he tries to carry on with his agenda.
Forget Garth Turner; he can look after himself. Look instead to what the Cons are doing outside of this "snapshot" of Con politics. It's coming into the weekend; the big deal Environmental Plan/Approach is to be Unveiled tomorrow. Let's keep the Harperites in our sights, not the dead and walking wounded they leave in their wake, all to exalt Harper's idea(l) of leadership.

Candace said...

"They don't even know why he was booted, let alone be brave enough to posit or have a free opinion."

what a crock

Garth himself has talked about being called on the carpet re caucus comments - see Stephen Taylor's blog.

OF COURSE Garth "doesn't know why" - because Garth hears only what he wants to hear, because it's all about Garth, all of the time.

See Stephen Taylor, Canadianna, SDA, gazillions of others. Stephen has links of "edited" posts that remove words to make it "seem" like Garth was talking out of school instead of confirming it.

Funny how that works, isn't it?