Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Paging Al Gore, Paging Al Gore

China and western Canada would like a word with you. And they are not going to be nice words!

-54C with the wind chill in Edmonton... This is not a joke...
On my drive home from work, in my still frozen vehicle, even though I had started it 45 minutes prior to leaving work, I was listening to 630 CHED as they interviewed a lady from Cliffs Towing. At that time, around 5 pm MST, if you were to call for a tow truck there were 150 people ahead of you already waiting. Even tow trucks were waiting for tow trucks. Basically you were shit out of luck. One of the calls they received today was to free a tractor trailer who's tires had frozen to bare pavement and could not move. Apparently the extremely cold pavement liked the heat of the tires so much it did not want to let them leave...

I really don't want to play this game anymore. Three days of this has been plenty thanks. Someone please bring us the global warming we were promised.

2 comments:

Louise said...

It's winter in Saskatchewan
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 52 below!
Oh, how I love Saskatchewan
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Saskatchewan
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Tim said...

Thank you Louise...
That was priceless!