Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Global Warming?



The people in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming may have a new opinion on "Global Warming" as of today. Anywhere from 20 to 33 cm of heavy wet snow fell in these areas closing schools and taking out power.
"It is, on our records, probably one of the earliest ones, as far as our recorded history goes, in 126, 130 years," said Sam Walker, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Bismarck, N.D.

My appologies... It is no longer politically correct to call it "Global Warming". Guess this would fit under the new title it was given..."Climate Change".

4 comments:

Scruffy Dan said...

Global warming is not really an accurate term for what is going on with climate. Sure the mean average temperature is increasing, but the resulting changes in weather patterns can mean that certain areas will become colder. As for freak storms like this; they have been predicted to increase in frequency by most climatic models

Zorpheous said...

Nice Pic, is that really what it was like or is that a "file photo"

Anyways Tim, I finally got off my arse and mailed out your prize for the guessing about the olive pitter. I know, it's been a while, but there was a small matter of getting things made and then finding the time to hit the post office. Hopefully you should be seeing the package about the middle of next week.

DazzlinDino said...

Oh man, I hate winter more and more the older I get....

Tim said...

Scruffy: Although recent reports from the weather folks say Alberta has the best overall weather in the country. I still welcome any "warming" we can get. Climate change has been ongoing as long as this planet has exsisted. I'm not going to go arround sounding off the alarms over a couple of degrees. At one time, long long ago, Alberta was a vertile Jungle. Hmmmmmm now thats scary.....

Zorph: Yes that is a pic taken on Wednesday in North Dakota. Sucks to be them.

Its about bloddy time. I have been driving home like a bloody maniac everyday since "I won" just to check my mailbox only to find bills. It has been quite pathetic actually. I guess another few days won't kill me..... :P

Dino: You're getting older, but will you ever grow up? I hear ya, my poor aching bones, arthritis sucks. Will I ever get rid of this damn cold? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA