Saturday, February 03, 2007

Blame it on the Jones

We are headed for disaster and there is little we can do about it. The world we live in is changing for the worse and it is all YOUR fault! You are simply too greedy. You want to have a cushy life with all the luxuries of heating, cooling and a roof over your head. As if that is not enough you want more and more, bigger and better, all those toys to satisfy your massive ego. All those toys and conveniences are killing this planet. I hope you are happy with yourself now you murderous bastards. You have successfully killed us all. Mass genocide of the extreme! I know it is all the Jones fault for starting us all down this path. If they simply had not gone out and gotten that first ever wheel and then that fire thing that suddenly we all just had to have, we would not be in the state we are in now.

I am calling for a boy cot of the Jones! Stop trying to keep up with these evil people! Let us all go back to better times of eating raw meat, living in cold damp caves, wandering, hunting and gathering. When survival of the fittest was the norm, not the survival of the richest and smartest as it is now. When the worst thing we had to fear was disease or perhaps not finding our next meal. I dream of the good ol' days when the average human life span was 30 years if you were lucky. Who needs to live a long, healthy life anyways? Just grab a women drag her off and keep your blood lines going. That is all that is truly necessary isn't it? Hind sight truly is 20/20. Had we not been without corrective lenses back in those days, I am positive we would have seen the proper path to take. Following the Jones was definitely not the right thing to do.

4 comments:

Chimera said...

I know you've got this one filed under "sarcasm," but I can't help feeling more than a little vindicated right now about my refusal to buy into all the bells and whistles of modern technology.

Robert has a good post on one of the things he'd like to see done to conserve energy. Yeah, take an excedrin if you have to, but read it -- he makes sense. I'm actually surprised nobody had thought of it before:

http://myblahg.com/?cat=53

I actually use the power bars suggested by one of his commenters. I started doing it because I basically don't trust the old wiring in the building in which I live, and I wanted to be able to shut power down completely when I'm either asleep or not around. For me, it was a fire safety move. Now I see that it has other benefits as well.

Tim said...

Please don't make me do it! Going to myblahg is torture that should not be placed upon anyone. I already use power bars on most of my electrical items as well. I don't like the idea of having all those power blocks sucking up power for no aparent reason. I have always wondered why some things don't have an off switch, like modems and routers. The power bars solves that little quirk. Was I close at assuming that was what you were talking about? As I said, I really don't want to give Robert any traffic and I doubt he knows or is doing anything that I already don't know and have been doing for years. Being conservative I love to save money. Being frugal and enviromentally friendly has saved me a ton in utilities alone...

Chimera said...

Yup, the off switch was what it was all about. For all appliances except fridges and freezers.

Tim said...

I have not gone to that extreme but I do use several around the house where there are electricity sucking power block transformers. And they definately make a difference!