Sunday, August 28, 2005

Gas and Dash

I just returned from a quick trip to the corner 7-11 store. The attedndant who was taking care of me was more concerned with the cars at the pumps than she was with dealing with me. At first I was a little preturbed with this, when she suddenly grabbed a pen and starting writting on her hand. I noticed her hand was covered in ink. Believe it or not, the ink was licence numbers of several "gas and dash" vehicles from today alone. I began to speak to her in regards to this and she informed me it was the second one in the past couple of minutes and the fifth of her shift. Rightfully she was not very happy.

What I find amazing with this is that the people doing this don't even have the smarts to conceal their licence plate at all. I highly doubt that all were stolen plates. Maybe I am wrong on that point?

The price of gas is not going to go down in the forseable future, if ever. All that these thieve's are going to do is drive the price up even higher as the stations will have to make up the difference somehow.

I predict the other solution will be that more stations if not all, will require you to pay before you pump.

2 comments:

DazzlinDino said...

lets cover up Bedwells plate tomorrow...

Tim said...

I have tons of spray paint....should do the trick!