Sunday, August 21, 2005

Saddam Casts Self As Martyr

"My soul and my existence is to be sacrificed for our precious Palestine and our beloved, patient and suffering Iraq," said the letter, published in two Jordanian newspapers and made available to The Associated Press.

I don't think the people of Iraq should give him the opportunity. As much as I would like to see Saddam done away with, they should let him rot in prison for the rest of his life instead of giving him the death penalty. It would be a humiliation for the man, not to mention deprive him of his latest goal.

4 comments:

DazzlinDino said...

Not to mention the fact that his death would make him a martyr in the midst of all his twisted followers...

Tim said...

Maybe I was unclear in my statements?...but is that not what I was conveying here?

DazzlinDino said...

Yea it was, sorry, where I work affects my mind at times.....

Tim said...

Where you work? You mean where you go to get away from the wife for a few hours......certainly does not count as work...