Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ode to Jack Layton

As I was perusing blogs this evening I came apon a post over at Political Staples titled "Party for Sale or Rent". I don't know if it was their intention but it did seem to me to be a play on words of an old Roger Miller song "King of the road". This inspired my "Wierd Al" side and thus inspired me to pen the following.

Update: Added the chords so you can all play along. Nicely that is.... ;D

(c)Party for (f)sale or rent, (g7)who are we to (c)pass judgement
(c)No morals, (f)no regrets, (g)We could care less about the debt
(c)Two hours (f)in back rooms, (g7)thats where our (c)mandate looms
I'm a (c7)man of (f)means by no means,(g7) In (c)control

(c)Another scandal (f)no surprize, (g7)off I go to (c)Susex Drive
(c)New suit and (f)aligator shoes, (g)thank god for union dues
(c)We smoke Cuban stogies (f)Martin found, (g7)down in Cuba (c)makin his rounds
I'm a (c7)man of (f)means by no means, (g7)In (c)control

I know (c)every politician on the (f)gravy train
(g7)All of their chronies and (c)who's to blame
(c)I'll promise not to take the (f)liberals down
(g)As long as Martin keeps tossin (g7)money around

(c)Party for (f)sale or rent, (g7)who are we to (c)pass judgement
(c)No morals, (f)no regrets, (g)We could care less about the debt
(c)Two hours (f)in back rooms, (g7)thats where our (c)mandate looms
I'm a (c7)man of (f)means by no means, (g7)In (c)control........ repeat and fade.....

15 comments:

Candace said...

I WANT THAT TROPHY! What's it gonna take???

DazzlinDino said...

He he, Tuning up as we speak...

Tim said...

Okay one Waking up on planet X tuit, ummm...what would be interesting.... one post on why Alberta should never seperate from Canada. This post would also have to be submited to CanConv of course. I think that just might do it. I'll even throw in another graphic for your site. Maybe a personal Logo for Waking up on Planet X. What say you?

Tim said...

Let me know if You have a better chord arrangement than this Dino. It was a quick production and it does need a little work I realize. Besides you can play much better than I, that I'm certain of.

Greg Staples said...

Yeah, that's the right tune. Jack did a parody of himself at the recent Press Gallery dinner using the tune and singing "Party for sale or rent."

Candace said...

A post on why Alberta should never leave Canada? ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

I have to think about that. Can you help me out by giving me some reasons?

Candace said...

Can I do a satire?

Tim said...

I was hoping you could give me some reason and convince me not to join the seperatist movement.

Satire just might work! As of late it seems to be the only way my brain is able to deal with all of the crap coming from Autowa.

Candace said...

LOL - we're both off the hook, I got Ms Hysteria back... how bout a straight-across trade & I'll throw in a tuit or two?

Candace said...

Actually, if Harper gets in & cleans house, there would be LOTS of reasons to stay

Tim said...

Funny how one simple little poll changes ones outlook. lol.... Although I probably would look great in a dress.... I'm just not sure "Ms. Hysteria" would suit me very well. I'll trade ya blog pog for blog pog whenever zorph gets them out to you that is. I'll put up the "waking up on planet X" logo I came up with here sometime this weekend and you can steal it if you want. Or suggest some changes, or, suggest something completely different, or forget the whole thing. I'm easy....

Tim said...

On second thought.... maybe its not so far fetched...being a single father for 15 years kinda makes me " Hysterical mom" as well, seeing the egg donor never had much to do with its offspring... Maybe I should sleep on this....

Candace said...

Are you awake yet?

Tim said...

I would hope so.... Just working on my next pic for the "wingnuterer" The follow up for the "LYNCHING OF LORD BUMP".

Mark-Alan Whittle said...

No doubt Jack's the man of the hour all right, but that’s about it.

But for all the wrong reasons.

All that extra wonky social spending he extorted from the corrupt Liberal government, like some modern day 'Al Capone' girlie man, was all for naught.

Not a penny will be seen in his lifetime nor ours. The longer he dithers the faster his voters will flee, by just staying home toasting weenies and marshmallows on their pot bellied stoves.

Regardless what Jack 'o' Layton does, it's the end of the road for Paul and the corrupt Liberal Party of Canada.

So to Stephen Harper and the Conservatives, I say hit the ground running and don't look back.

www.markalanwhittle.blogspot.com