Friday, November 10, 2006

Lest We Forget

poppy
Thank you to all that served/serve in the forces, whom try to bring peace to the world, past, present and future.

Family Honor Roll:

Arthur Ronald Baker, Sapper, Royal Canadian Engineers, WWII, 1923-2004 (Father)

Stanley John Baker, Sergeant Major, WWII, 1912-2002 (Uncle)

William George Baker, WWII, 1910-1979 (Uncle)

Reuben Trevor Baker, WWII, 1919- Still with us (Uncle)

Rueben David Baker, Royal Fusiliers WWI, 1888-1974 (Grandfather)

Trevor Baker, Born 1883, Killed in Boer War 1901 (Great Uncle)

Edward Stanely Godwin, WWI, Born 1896, Killed at Vimy Ridge 1917 (Great Uncle)

Albert Morrison, Black Watch, Korea, 1932- still with us. (Step Father)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless them all, and I personally, and deeply, thank them for their sacrifice.

Nastyboy said...

I'm headed to the 21 Gun salute at the Leg. at 1100 hrs. It's usually a good turn out.

DazzlinDino said...

Very honorable list.....

Tim said...

I have been getting quite the education on my families history in the past couple months. I had no idea about most of these. It was never talked about at family get togethers. Still delving into more details. Who knows what I shall discover. Looks like my generation is the first in our family not to have anyone serve in the military in a very long time.