Thursday, November 16, 2006

One of these things.....

Aint like the other. One of these things just isn't the same. Can you guess which one?

A) Canada's Clean Air Act

B) UK Climate Change Bill

C) Kyoto Protocol

They all mention the dreaded date "2050" that our conservative government took so much heat over. Personally I like baby steps, gives you a chance to learn and evaluate things on your way. Make changes as needed to accomplish the goal. Rushing in head strong and blind usually only gets you a head ache when you hit the wall. Was it not just a few short years ago that all these reputable scientists were screaming about how we were heading for another ice age? The band wagon switched to global warming. Now they call it climate change. Guess this latest name is much safer as if it gets warmer they are right. If it cools off, they are right. What if it just keeps going up and down, fluctuating as it has for as long as man has recorded temperatureand tree rings show? What if their computer driven forecasts are wrong? You know the old saying, garbage in, garbage out. I'm no scientist, but I do know that pollution is a big problem. Climate change on the other hand is at this moment, as far as I am concerned, is still a hypothesis. One that has several holes in it that I as a lay man can see. When I see graphs such as the "hockey stick", which deliberately leave out valuable info, monetary solutions that do nothing to resolve the real problem and lastly, the main stream media spouting about it as gospil on a constant basis, I for one take a step or two back, and wonder why? Something stinks as is often the case when the UN is involved. There is only one thing that I can think of that will drive humans in such a frenzy as this topic seems to have done. MONEY! I am willing to bet that somewhere, some folks in the high up can't wait to see their "retirement funds" in that Swiss bank account set up for them labeled "Kyoto Slush Fund". Now that France has come out bashing Canada, I have even more reservations on this matter. France, in general, is not one to bash anyone on any topic except maybe healthcare, but thats another topic all together. Rona has come out and stated the truth on where Canada is on climate change and some folks don't like it. The truth hurts sometimes. Personally I prefer the truth over lies. I'm afraid that we the poor public have been fed a bunch of lies to the point that we are starting to believe them. Not just on this topic. Does not say much for the human race as a whole. I will as usual, take everything I hear with a .... can someone pass me the salt please? Thanks.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't argue with your post .. damn ... was looking for a scrap .. LOL ... Look at the architect of the Kyoto Protocol, who has been putting this together for a lot of years, and has been working for the UN for a long time.... Maurice Strong... Trudeau's right hand man when he was in power. That's why I don't believe a word of that crap. I do, however, believe in controlling pollution, and smog.

Tim said...

ABF...oh go ahead, argue... I aint no scrapper. You won't find a scrap book anywhere around here if ya care to look around. Glad you picked up on the names. I tried very hard not to mention them....lol

Anonymous said...

Sorry tim... made a mistake .. Maurice Strong was Trudeau's hand job ... i'll get it right yet.. :-(

Justthinkin said...

Why do you think the MSM is trying to crucify PMSH for telling China to stick it about not being able to bring up human rights? Like ABF said, Turdeau's right-hand job might lose some bucks!(and no, that isn't a mis-spelling)

Tim said...

Just...lmao... love the non mis-spelling. I hear ya... And the China/Harper thing is my next post.....I'm on a roll.... unfortunately I'm gettin dizzy tryin to sort through the MSM spewing on the matter.....

DazzlinDino said...

I think the biggest problem with the scientific theories is the vagueness with which they can guess what the temperatures were years ago. I mean hell, the news guys can hardly get it right for tomorrow, and we're supposed to rely on what they think the temp was 1,000,000 years ago.....?????

Tim said...

Actually Dazz, from what I have read, the tree rings give a pretty good indication of the pasts climate. Not too many tree's around that are 1 million years old out there though...lol. The future is just that and I have to agree with you about the weather man. If these folks can't tell me what tomorrow shall bring accurately, why should I believe them about what they think it might be 10, 20, or 50 years from now?

DazzlinDino said...

the tree rings give a pretty good indication of the pasts climate.

I agree, but to say we are 2 degrees higher than we were 500 years ago is a stretch if you ask me....

Tim said...

a s t r e t c h it is....