Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More climatic jokes

UPDATE: The BBC has changed this article to read $930,000.00 for the premium paid. As a result I did some more checking and found the lessor amount to be correct. Thanks BBC for ruining my day and this post! Bastards!

Don't bother reading this as they have changed the article and make no mention of their screw up in the proccess! MSM at it best as usual.

From the BBC

The insurers agreed that below a certain minimum of rainfall, they would pay $7m within a matter of days, to be spent on food aid or payments to farmers. The premium paid was $930m.

As it happened, rainfall stayed above the threshold, and Axa Re kept its money. But WFP's Peter Smerdon believes the project shows how poor communities can gain relief quickly.


How does this "prove" anything other than Axa Re made a whole hell of alot of money for making a promiss. $930 million premium to fork out $7 million within a matter of days? Hell, give me that money and I'll give them $900 million in A DAY! Simply amazing......

8 comments:

DazzlinDino said...

I'll give 'em 929Mil.....this is unreal....

DazzlinDino said...

OK, I've read the article like 15 times now, and either that's a missprint, or someone should have someones head on a platter.....

Anonymous said...

Oh damn.... this is getting ridiculous ... MSM is pushing this to no end ... I gotta link back to this one from the main post on ABF ... sheeesh ... I need a drink ... Hey! ... white lightning would warm up all these frozen Global Warming freaks now, wouldn't it? .. maybe enough so they explode and go away....

Tim said...

Dazz.... I read it umpteen times myself with total disbelief. Absolutely mind boggling!

ABF...I have some matches if that will help speed things up a bit. Although they would accuse me of contributing to "Global Warming" if I did in fact light said match!

Anonymous said...

Light em up dude... the short days are gettin to me anyway.. ;-)

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

This is criminal.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

They changed the number to $930,000.
Wow. Can't stay in business very long that way.
I wonder who makes up the difference?

Tim said...

CUG... Thanks for the heads up on the premium change in the article. So now what number are we to believe? The original one or the latest garbage the media feeds us?