Friday, January 05, 2007

Liberal Tory MP Wajid Khan

In this post I will not get into the whole floor crossing canundrum. It happens, I don't like it, It is not against the law of our country, deal with it. Yes, I felt the same way about it back when Belinda did it too. Lets move on....

Dion says:

Amid speculation that a Liberal MP is planning to cross the floor to join the Conservatives, Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion told the CBC Friday he is confident there will be no such defection and that the MP is a "committed Liberal."

Speaking to the CBC Friday, Dion made clear his position that it isn't appropriate for MPs to accept mandates from the Prime Minister while in the opposition.

"To me, we co-operate with the government, but we are not the government," he said, also noting that "I cannot blame [Khan] for something that happened before I became the leader."

Dion Lied:
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Liberal Member of Parliament Wajid Khan has switched parties to join the Conservatives, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said on Friday.

"I respect Mr. Dion but I feel Canada needs a leader, and that leader is Stephen Harper," Khan told reporters. He also said he discovered a "political chemistry" with Harper after the two held detailed conversations in recent months about foreign affairs and national security.

Harper played down the partisan nature of the switch, and stressed that he would work with anybody who shared his government's objectives.

"The more we work together, the more both of us realized that, politically, we have an awful lot in common," Harper said of Khan.

The last comment there by Harper, in my mind, is probably true to a larger extent of all political types. We all have more in common than we care to admit no matter our political leanings. I just wish more people would realize it and start working together more to solve the problems we face today and all the tomorrows of the future. It worked very well over at Blogging Party of Canada when Dazz did up his policies. It was worked on by cons, dippers, libs, seperatists and everything in between. It was a give and take adventure that turned out quite well. His policies turned into something that pretty much everyone was happy with. If only our REAL politicians would learn to do the same. Perhaps this is a start down that road.........

Update... You MUST check out ChuckerCanuck on this topic. Frickin briliant!

6 comments:

DazzlinDino said...

Thanks for the link. I just did my post on this as well. It's too bad politicians aren't as smart as we are eh?

Tim said...

I think it must be all that edumacation they have. Makes them lose all common sense! And you are more than welcome for the link. I'll swing by and take a peak. I'm guessing it is full of stats....lol

Candace said...

Excellent call on Chucker - I got sidetracked for an hour or so.

" I just wish more people would realize it and start working together more to solve the problems we face today and all the tomorrows of the future. "

I'll second that.

ABFreedom said...

I don't know the specifics behind this, was working to much, but if Dion strong armed him, I to would have told him to take a flying leap. Our system sucks as it is when representatives of certain parties, on specific issues are not allowed to vote the will of their constituents.

Tim said...

Agreed AB... the idea of towing the party line is a farce. All votes in the house should be "so called" free votes. I don't get to vote for the leader of the country who makes up that party line. I voted for my MP to represent me not the party!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping he must never get elected again. He and his pack of mafia cronies are no less than a cancer to the society. Pakistan has abundant of these kind of people so-called self-appointed politician with no moral values. For money and favours he can do anything I mean anything.
People should open their eyes now i had my share of doubts about him since the beginning that is now proven. He is no good for Canada let alone society especially Mississauga.
Stop this jerk in his tracks. He is disgraced to the Canadians especially Pakistani community.