Friday, January 19, 2007

FLQ


The FLQ aka... Frontal Lobotomy Quislings, have apparently raised their ugly heads again in Quebec.

Updated Fri. Jan. 19 2007 7:34 AM ET

Canadian Press

MONTREAL -- The RCMP is taking "very seriously'' a recent threatening letter signed by a group claiming to be a new cell of the FLQ, a Quebec terrorist group active in the 1960s and 1970s.


The letter, dated Jan. 15, says "strategic targets of importance'' will be targeted in the western, largely English-speaking part of Montreal between Feb. 15 and March 15.

The letter, which is signed: "FLQ, Camille-Laurin Cell,'' is the second of its kind. The first one was received on Nov. 15, 2006.

As if we didn't have enough to worry about with Climate Change, the Taliban, Iran, North Korea and all the other quacks out there. Wonder if Harper will fulfill the liberal prophecy of "Soldiers with guns, in our cities, in Canada"? It worked for Trudeau...

7 comments:

Candace said...

Which shows us that we are just as likely to get hit by homegrown terrorists as we are by those outside Canada. I hope they find the suckers fast, and stomp hard on them.

Tim said...

I could not agree more Canadace.

Chimera said...

*groan* I had my fill of these FLQ morons in 1970. I was in a military uniform when Trudeau invoked the War Measures Act. Not one civilian fully understood the term "martial law" then, and not many understand it now. Suffice it to say that as a member of Canada's military forces, I was suddenly looked upon as a kind of uber-cop...to be avoided at all costs, and not to be trusted, even by non-military members of my own family.

Count me in on the find-and-stomp committee!

Tim said...

At the time I was a mere child of seven and had much more important things on my mind Chimera. GI Joe (I had quite the collection) and I had to save our back yard from the enemy! Quebec and the FLQ would have to wait. Thanks for taking care of that for us.

I do suspect you are right though in your assumption that most Canadians have no idea about the war measures act, which could be seen as a good thing. If it were used so often that the act was well known, I would not want to live here, how about you?

Chimera said...

LOL...right you are! In fact, almost everyone in the military at the time thought it was a pain in the ass the first time around! The jokes and snarks about Trudeau and his new toy that he couldn't wait to play with almost got a few of my friends court-martialled. It was considered to be NOT a joking matter by those who actually had any real authority. Add to that a blanket prohibition for all military personnel from stating personal opinions on any subject in which they could be seen to disagree with official government policy at the time... No, not someplace I wanna be at all.

Anonymous said...

J'espere qu'ils vont finir par passer à l'action.

Tim said...

English man, English!