Friday, December 22, 2006

Happy News


As of today I am on holidays til the new year. That alone puts a happy face on me at least. My plan for the next ten days is to blog only Happy Thoughts for this duration. This might not be easy, as the media focuses on the bad news for the most part. Today I will start off with something that I know is near and dear to many peoples hearts. Kid's and slurpees! As a diabetic, this one was a difficult choice for me as I am torn between my old love of slurpees and the knowledge I now have of the evil they are. But hey! They are only kid's once and we should allow them to be kid's and enjoy the finer things in life too. MMMMMMMMM.... Slurpees....

In cooperation with 7-Eleven, the Redlands Police Department wants to recognize and encourage good behavior among local youth. According to police spokesman Carl Baker, Redlands police officers will be "ticketing" youth they observe doing good deeds or exhibiting positive behavior through "Operation Chill."
The "Operation Chill" coupons are actually coupons good for a free 12-ounce Slurpee at any participating 7-Eleven store. Each officer in the department has been issued a supply of tickets and will be on the lookout for good behavior.

I think this is a great idea and I truely hope that 7-11 promotes this idea everywhere they have a store. As a matter of fact, I am going to fire off a little email with the link to this story to our chief of police Mike Boyd, as soon as I am done writting this post. Which is now.

2 comments:

DazzlinDino said...

This is absolutely fantastic !!!!

At my kids' school, they got a new principle a couple years ago. He told the teachers, if the kids are being bad, deal with it, if they are being good send them to the office. The turn-around on attitude towards "the man" has been outstanding.

Positive re-inforcement rocks.

ABFreedom said...

Cool idea... corporations might want to consider doing this all year long and make good behavior a habit.