Monday, December 11, 2006

Somethings Stinks

I'm not shittin' ya, we really gotta stop fartin around. We really need to get to the bottom of this. If I were a form of livestock I would be seriously worried about this report out of the UN. According to a newly released report from the Food and Agriculture organization, livestock produce 18 percent of the greenhouse gases.

"Livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today's most serious environmental problems. Urgent action is required to remedy the situation," said the FAO's Henning Steinfeld, the reports senior author.
Livestock produced 35-40 percent of methane emissions and 65 percent of nitrous oxide which had almost 300 times the global warming potential of CO2(emphasis mine), the report said.

Nitrous oxide has almost 300 times the global warming potential of CO2? Why have I not heard anyone screaming about this. Damn you racing fanatics! Look what you are doing to the planet! However, the cork industry should be jumping for joy over this. They could make a killing off this one if we don't decide to slaughter the whole works first to save the planet. I can't wait to hear the solutions that come out from the study on this study. I'm sure it will just be a bunch more of the normal bull that the UN always seems to come out with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohoh...you mean that my throwing the steak on the barbque is actually helping the climate injustice idiots? Damm. Guess I'll have to go for a well done...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

This just makes me wanna go out and disconnect my EGR valve, and remove the convertor, but it's gonna have to wait until I run my BBQ for a few hours. Gotta get me a bigger propane tank dammit.

Tim said...

lol... to both of you. You are walking health hazards. I'm all for cleaning up the enviroment, just not the way the Kyoto accord and its preachers are going about it. I want to be able to actually know there is some good being done. Clean air to breath, clean water to drink, more recycling and less landfills, petty crap like that.