Friday, December 29, 2006

Real Action Required

As most of you know, I am not a fan of the Kyoto Protocol. The main reason being, it allows countries to buy their way out of actually doing anything for the environment. That being said, I have no problem with PM Harper giving Allan Amey the BOOT as the people at CanWest News Service puts it. The reason is, as president of the Climate Fund Agency, his job would have been to purchase emission-reduction credits. I do not want one cent of Canadian tax payers money being spent anywhere but in Canada to improve our environment including for the reduction of CO2. I would next expect that this "Climate Fund Agency" will be scrapped completely by PMSH. My fingers are crossed. I know that Dion will be all up in arms over this one. It had his blessing back when he was the do nothing environment minister of the Liberal government in 2005. If you care to read how full of crap he was then, read this. How anyone in this country can agree with spending billions on so called Kyoto units that do not clean up a bloody thing is beyond me. The Clean Air Act, in my opinion, clearly does not go far enough. At the same time it does actually help in cleaning up pollution in Canada which is a good starting point. Now if we could only stop all the ranting and raving out there regarding the environment and sit down like adults and come up with more real solutions to fix the problems, we as a nation would be far better off.

7 comments:

Candace said...

"Now if we could only stop all the ranting and raving out there regarding the environment and sit down like adults and come up with more real solutions to fix the problems"

What are you smoking these days?

Tim said...

Export "A" king size.... AKA "Green Death"... same as always...

Candace said...

LOL! - I've been trying to figure out what Allen Amey (the guy that got axed) actually did in the oil industry. According to the press releases around the time of his appointment, he has 20 years in the "oil, gas and electric sector" but all I can find are things about him and "Climate Change Central." Sounds more like an environmentalist than an oil/gas/power guy.

Candace said...

Nevermind, found it.

Tim said...

I knew you would. Read it, sounds like a glorified purchasing agent. At least now he has more time to spend at his Rocky Mountain cabin with his family and dog... lucky man...

Candace said...

On the bright side, while googling him, I discovered that he only ran up expenses for about 4 or 5 months, and nothing too scary (I just looked at the #s, but assumed some airfare was in there) - only around $5k. Wondering, though, what we were paying him!

Tim said...

In the article I linked to at "BOOT" is has the folling... I'm not sure hot to translate it though... "increase Amey's maximum salary to $200,000 annually". Good to know he did not spend like a mad monkey in his short time in this career.