Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Oh Danny Boy

The pipes the pipes are calling...
Looks like NL Premiere Danny Williams might want to take another look at the numbers before he continues to yell and scream at Prime Minister Harper over the governments proposed equalization formula.

CNews:
Newfoundland and Labrador will end up getting $5.6 billion more under the federal government's proposed equalization formula than under the status quo, says a Memorial University professor.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy.... Oh boy...

2 comments:

ABFreedom said...

Damn ... I think he should be thanking Alberta/Onscario for the money, and for keeping all the people employed .... the butthead.

Tim said...

I'm still waiting for the people of NL to insist that they change their capital city to Fort Mac!

What gets me even more, is that it seems that the Williams government is want to be on the dole as they have been chasing the oil industry out of the province left right and center. Welfare is just so much easier to manage I suppose than all those damn business's, regulations and collecting taxes. Danny seems to be taking lessons from Dion when it comes to politics..."Do You Think It's Easy To Make Priorities?"